Joy comes in the morning

Last week was a radio silence kind of week.  We encountered some challenges with our adoption process (we are still moving forward, praise God!).  We learned we're going to have to refigure where we buy land to hopefully build.  And I had food poisoning/salmonella something awful for four days.  That means that Eva basically watched movies all last week.  Except for Wednesday.  My friend, Krissie, came by to bring me some meds and she read to Eva.  But by Friday, Eva was in a television stupor zombie-like state.  I don't ever want to get sick again.

We didn't start school last week.  That's okay.  We're not in a rush.

I guess this is a season in life where we're being reminded that our plans don't always work out the way we want them to.  Daniel and I were talking last night, and in hindsight we can see how God has led us this year.  We followed at different times thinking God was leading us to something very specific only to learn that instead, God was leading us gently forward, and that our 'specifics' acted as an impetus rather than an endpoint.

My friend, Jenni, once mentioned offhandedly that following God can make you look like you're crazy.  I agree.  Especially if you share with others as you go.  But you know what?  That's okay too.

"My soul languishes for your salvation; I hope in your word. My eyes fail for watching for your promise;"  Psalm 119: 81-82.  That's where we are right now.  Trusting in our Father who is the air we breathe, who gives good gifts, who died for us, who yielded and took punishment for our sins, who already won the battle, who loves unconditionally...

At the end of our terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week, something big happened.

Eva lost her first tooth!





Instead of the tooth fairy business, we had a tea party for lunch today with Daniel!  Our whole ride into town from The Country, Eva kept saying "Daddy lunch!"  And when we were running an errand a lady asked her what we were eating for lunch.  Eva said, "Daddy."