It's gonna be a long Lenten season this year

I hope that you all had a lovely Easter celebration!  We had a really nice time in Texas with Daniel's family.  Daniel brought his camera but forgot the charger.

I did get some pictures of Eva getting her Easter goodies just before we left.

I accidentally found this book, God Thinks You're Wonderful by Max Lucado.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I'm going to buy it for anyone I know having kids.  




Now that Easter celebrations are over, I am about to start an unorthodox season of Lent.

I am choosing to stop buying clothes/accessories, music, and books for myself.  This will be a period where I'm fasting from something I enjoy that's a luxury and a time where I instead invest in prayer, bible study, and being more present with my family.

Daniel and I want to adopt again in the near(ish) future.  Part of my reasons for abstaining from shopping will be to shift my mental paradigm of how I use money.  I don't have a desire to be legalistic about money; I don't think it's wrong to enjoy shopping...I just want to be more thoughtful about it.  From adopting Eva, we know that money buys children, simply put.  I want to be more mindful of how money can be used as a tool to build God's kingdom.  We are His; our resources are His.

I also want my mind and my heart to be a fertile field for whatever God wants to plant through prayer and studying the Word.  I want to cherish and be present with my family, especially if we're preparing to adopt and change our family dynamics.  I'm hoping that by dedicating this time (from now until we save enough money to adopt) to fast from something I enjoy and to have a mental "hard reset," I can improve in these areas.  I want to be a good wife and mother, and I know I cannot be "good" relying on my own strength.  Only by the grace of God, and I want to pursue Him more.

This could last for months and months, and I'm okay with that.  I kinda have an all or nothing personality, and I think this will help me to mature and be more thoughtful.  Why blog about it??  Accountability I suppose.

And really, who wouldn't sacrifice in hopes of better knowing the God who SPOKE the universe into being???  And on that note, who wouldn't want to spend more quality time with these two??