I couldn't have said it better myself

I really like how this mom shares her insight into adopted children, attachment (with or without RAD), and "upside down" adoptive parent parenting.  Her blog post just circulated on Facebook.

Upside down parenting is not easy to explain, but I think she does it well.  By not east to explain, I mean it's socially awkward to explain.  Like, "hey, don't baby or cuddle my poor orphan child because it confuses his/her brain and emotions that didn't learn to attach to mom and dad from day one."

Eva has had attachment issues from the black hole she endured during birth to three years.  It's a natural defense mechanism and we get it.  So we have kept that girl close at all times.  We haven't had issues with others respecting our weird boundaries but I've definitely had issues trying to communicate these boundaries and the "why."  It's hard to go against the grain on a very touchy issue that is often misunderstood.  I think especially in the South where we are polite.  Or try to be anyway:)

Just wanted to share cause this is good:  CopperLightWood 1 CopperLightWood2

And really, a post is not a post without a picture, right?



This is the face she made when I asked her to smile