"Congratulations Daniel and Abby"

...said the judge.  "You are now the parents of Evalena Claire Snyder."

Thank you all for your prayers!  We had court this morning, received a positive judgment, and after a waiting period we will get another judgment on Dec. 17th.  It's all part of the process.

Daniel and I dressed up, and didn't really know what to expect.  We were presented to the judge and the prosecuting attorney.  There were also court reporters.  We were accompanied by our facilitator, the orphanage lawyer, and the orphanage social worker.  The room was quite small and quite warm.

When our facilitator asked me if I had a petition for the judge I'm sure I looked like a deer in headlights.  What you're supposed to say is something like this, "I formally petition the judge to consider my husband and myself as adoptive parents for the child, Evalena Claire."

What I said instead was, "Am I supposed to have a petition?"

Daniel was lucky and got to go after me.  He said all his stuff right.  The good thing is that only our facilitator spoke English, so she's the only one who knows how ignorant I am/was.  Now I'll know for next time-Ha!

We missed our morning meeting with Eva due to court processes but did manage a quick pic of us as official new parents.  It's not the best, but we were tired.

And our attempts at our first official family photos:)






And, thanks to advice from Amanda and our facilitator, we were able to procure Eva's original pictures from her orphan status files.  We hoped to get some early photos of Eva from her biological family, but they didn't have any.  So these are precious to us because we have few and because these represent her old life as an abandoned child.  The top one is my favorite...She looks hopeful and like she still has some childlike wonder.
 The second one is still sweet, but sad to me.  This is after months in isolation.  You can see how her affect has changed.


 Our transportation:  the ever faithful VW Polo

I liked this painting in the notary's office so I took a picture of it.  Sharing some whimsy I guess.